If you are a homeowner then you know that there are endless types of flooring options, and likely your home has flooring made of at least two or three different flooring choices. You may have plush carpet in your bedroom areas, ceramic tile in your hallways or foyer area, hardwood floors in your living and dining areas, and perhaps laminate flooring in your kitchen and bathrooms. Each type of flooring requires a different maintenance plan based on the materials the floor is made of.
Here are a few suggestions on how to care for your laminate flooring:
- If a liquid substance is spilled on your laminate flooring, clean it up as soon as possible. Liquids can seep into the seams of laminate flooring, and over time this can ruin your floors.
- Do not over soak the flooring when you are cleaning it. The image of a bucket of soapy water and a wet mop comes to mind. When you clean laminate flooring, you can use hot water and soap but do not soak the floor. Get it wet enough to clean it and no more.
- Avoid using harsh acidic cleaners on your laminate flooring because they can strip the protective seal on the laminate flooring.
- Anything remotely sharp or extremely heavy can leave small holes or dents in the laminate flooring. For this reason, keep pet nails trimmed, try to avoid wearing high heels on the flooring surface and use furniture pads under big pieces of furniture.
- Floor cleaners that give floors a shiny look, pine scented cleaners, too much vinegar – all of these are bad for laminate flooring.
- Sweep your laminate floors often.
Many homeowners choose laminate flooring because of its’ affordability and its’ ease of care. You can ensure that your laminate flooring lasts a long time by following the simple tips above. If you are looking for a great laminate flooring option for your home, Magnus Anderson would love to help! Come see us at our Fayetteville, North Carolina location or give us a call at (910) 483-0468 and let our experts assist you in picking out your perfect floor!